Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a safe and effective way to reduce hair growth, but there are other benefits as well.
· This method of hair removal has very few side effects. Those that do occur only last a few days.
· Some people are turned off by the up-front cost of laser hair removal. It’s important to remember that you will no longer be spending money on your regular waxing/threading treatments, creams, and razors.
Although it costs more in the beginning, laser hair removal will save you money in the long run.
· Speaking of saving, think of all the time you will save when you no longer need to wax, shave, pluck, thread, or sugar.
· When you shave, wax, or pluck, you often deal with painful and unsightly ingrown hairs, razor bumps and irritation. However, with laser hair removal, this is not an issue
· There is no need to wait for surface hair to grow between your treatments! You can continue to shave while you wait for the laser treatment to work. This means that, unlike other methods, you can remain smooth and fuzz-free in between your treatments.
· Laser hair removal targets the follicle of the hairs, making it more precise and giving you faster results.
· The treatments are done very quickly, and you will see results within the first few weeks.
· This treatment has very high success rates. On average, people need between 3-7 sessions to achieve permanent hair loss.
Are There Disadvantages?
· Cost. Laser hair treatment can be expensive but it’s important to remember to take into the account the cost of threading/waxing/razors.
· You won’t see instant results. As they die, the hairs gradually fall out. Remember that you can continue to shave while you wait for full results.
· One side effect of the treatment is a temporary change in skin color. However, this resolves quickly.
· You can’t tan before your treatments. Whether it’s from sunlight or a bottle, it is recommended to avoid tanning before your treatment sessions.
· Laser hair removal is not for everyone, or every part of the body. It can’t be used to treat eyebrows, genitals, or men’s’ facial hair.
[Related: Preparing for Laser Hair Removal]
Side Effects of Laser Hair Removal
· The procedure may cause mild discomfort.
· You may experience itching, burning, redness, swelling and tingling for a few hours after treatment.
· Your skin will be more sensitive to sunlight, so it’s important to protect it from sun exposure.
· Some rare side effects include blistering, crusting, and scarring.
Many people find that they recover quickly from laser hair removal and experience no complications. You can even have laser hair removal treatment on your lunch break and return to work after!
Frequently Asked Questions
People often have many questions about laser hair removal. We have included some of the more common questions here but for a complete guide, read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Does it cause cancer? No. this technology uses concentrated light energy, a form of non-iodizing radiation that cannot affect cells on a molecular level.
Is it painful? The treatment may cause mild discomfort. Many people liken the sensation to a rubber band slap.
Does the hair grow back? Many people find laser hair removal to be very successful. Hair growth is usually reduced by up to 80% and grows slower and thinner.
However, because it is a form of long-term hair reduction, it is not necessarily permanent. You many require occasional maintenance sessions.
Is it safe for faces? It is safe to use on women’s faces and is very successful, especially for women who suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
It should not be used for areas around the eyes but is safe for use on the chin and upper lip.
Laser Hair Removal and MedSpa
If you are thinking about laser hair removal, contact Laser Hair Removal and MedSpa to learn more and decide if it’s right for you!